January 10, 2010

Child Head Study - Work In Progress


Here is what I have so far on this new portrait. No part is finished yet. The highlights in the eye is just an indication right now. I had been out of my usual favorite art paper, so I have been struggling along with this ? paper (not sure what brand it is - might be Arches) it just does not take the graphite and display values the way I want it. I might just finish this as good as it will get, and then redo the portrait on my favorite Fabriano paper after. This would be a good opportunity to compare the two papers and see how they make the same image look different. Stay tuned for an update.

10 comments:

Vic said...

This is coming along a treat Christine and sooo sweet.

Jan said...

I agree with Vic! You just that special touch with portraits and especially with children's portraits!

Gary Keimig said...

It is looking just great. Loved your last post too.

Christine said...

Thanks Vic! I agree, this shot is definitely sweet. I just wish the quality of the original picture were a little better so that I wouldn't have to strain my eyes so much to see details.

Thanks Jan! It does look like I am doing more children portraits than other subjects. Not by design, it just has developed like that.

Thanks Gary! I am honored to know that you like my work.

Carolina said...

That will be something very interesting to see... I don't want to miss it so I'm putting your blog on my blogs list...
Best regards,
Carolina

Janet Pantry said...

Hi Christine, just discovered your blog through your comment on mine (thanks for that, I really appreciate it). Your graphite portraits are such a joy to see! You must have a good deal of patience and incredibly sharp pencils! I'll be following with interest :)

sue said...

Your child portraits are very beautiful - look forward to seeing progress on this one.

Christine said...

Carolina, I hope to not disappoint!

Thank you Janet! What a nice thing to say.

Sue, thank you so much!

Sorry friends for not posting in a while. I had to take a little time off from this drawing. The paper is giving me a headache, but I don't want to just give up on this drawing, because of the time invested already. So, onward it goes to the finish line with some (much) complaining. I have worked on it again in the last few days and will post an update soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mariska said...

Hi Christine! Check out my blog ... I have an Award for you :)

web statistics