March 23, 2010

Child Head & Shoulder Portrait - Work In Progress



Finally I am working on the portrait again. The drawing of little Isni didn't go too well in my previous attempt, mainly due to a bad paper choice. It has been sitting on the drawing table for two whole month now waiting to be finished. I finally started over again from scratch, and I am so glad I did, because this version turned out much better so far. The paper is Fabriano Artistico, and pencils range from 5h-4b. The face is not finished yet, and the hair still needs some slight darkening. At the moment I am working on the arm and Teddy.



7 comments:

Carolina said...

I'm glad you're posting again, Chistine :)
So much work that had to be left, but the new portrait is looking pretty good so far. It seems you made a wise decision...
Best regards,
Carolina

Christine said...

Thank you friend! Yes, it was hard to throw the drawing out, but in this case it was definitely a good choice. ;o)

CandynRA said...

A difference can definitely be seen, Christine...even tho the 1st one was nice, this one is really much better...the boy and bear are adorable!

Christine said...

Thank you Candyn! This version of the portrait is truly much better than the old one, and I am glad to have jumped over my shadow and actually thrown out (gulp) and almost finished portrait. ;o)

Teresa Mallen said...

Just goes to show the difference paper can make, wow. A very difficult decision but definitely the right one. Congratulations Christine, this one is coming along beautifully.

Jan said...

I wondered where you'd gotten to on this. It's beautiful and the decision to change paper was a good one. It's looking really, really good!

Paulette said...

I must say, I would have thought the last one was great. But this one shows that you know your art. This is looking really great!

web statistics