September 23, 2010

Chihuahua Head Study



Here he is, all finished. Finally! I have been in a little bit of a funk lately and felt like not even touching my pencils, or anything else for that matter. It's time to snap out of it and get back to creating. The plan is to start following my dream and actively pursuing it the best I can. As some of you know, hubby and I are in the process of adoption. I have been thinking about this for a long while now to perhaps in the future specializing in Portraiture of adopted children. Since adoption is something we are involved in and will be our life, it seems a good plan. So, a few kind folks in the adoption community in our home town have given permission to me to draw their precious children. I am looking forward to this. Most portraits I have done so far where either gifts or commissions, so my portfolio has been woefully empty. I better stop talking and get busy.

8 comments:

sue said...

Beautiful Christine.

Love the soft fur and those very dark shiny eyes.

Good luck with your adoption plans also :o)

Christine said...

Thank you, Sue! :-)

The Notorious J.O.E. said...

I'm glad to hear that you're going to get back on the wagon. I've missed your updates and there aren't an awful lot of pencil artists out there. -Joe

Christine said...

Hi Joe, I am glad too. It's good to have a made a plan and working the plan to move forward. I hope to work out my drawing techniques and streamline my portrait work a little more in the next few month. Glad you are here, and I hope to have something of value for you to glean!
:-)

Jan said...

What a wonderful idea to draw adopted children, Christine! You do such beautiful work it's no wonder the parents are willing for you to draw their children. I can't wait to see what you do. It will be so nice to see your beautiful art again!

Give Pepe a gentle squeeze for me - he's just darling!

Christine said...

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your encouraging words! I am just going on a guess right now that this is the direction I should be moving in. Although, I like to draw a variety of subjects and even feel interested in watercolor, if I am honest with myself, it has always been portraiture that was the most exciting....even when I was studying photography it just was so enjoyable to create the best possible portrait for someone.
So, thank you for saying that you like my art. It means a lot! :-)
Christine

Dors said...

Beautiful job. Pepe is just so cute.

Hope you are well. Hugs

Christine said...

Thanks Dors! You should see when he is playing with his toy...it's a joy to watch him. He is just too cute for words.
I am doing well. Hope the same for you!

web statistics