October 05, 2010

Head & Shoulder Portrait Study - Work In Progress

Update 1

Materials:
Fabriano Artistico, cream color
size when finished 11"x14" matted, with an image size of approximately 8"x10"
Faber Castell wood pencils - 4h,2h,f,hb,2b,4b
so far I have been using 4h,2h,f grades

This first update represents 3 days of work. I had to stop myself this evening for a few minutes to take this progress photo. Drawing a knitted sweater is a first for me. I was hesitant to even attempt it but, as it turns out, it is actually much fun to draw.
More progress photos will be coming soon.

4 comments:

sue said...

Looking forward to seeing this 'emerge' the knitwear is looking beautifully delicate and must have been hard on the eyes :o)

The Notorious J.O.E. said...

I agree with Sue. I'm looking forward to seeing the development on this one.

Not to sure I'd have the patience to do a knitted sweater.... -Joe

Jan said...

My goodness, Christine! The knit pattern is meticulous! The whole drawing is going to be beautiful!

Christine said...

Thanks everyone! It's coming along, and I will post an update soon. Right now I am working on the shading of the face and then I'll continue with the sweater. I had put the cart in front of the horse there for a moment, just because I was anxious to get started on the knit to see if I can do it. ;-)

web statistics