November 27, 2010

Girl Head Study - Work In Progress



Update 1
Strathmore Vellum 11"x14"
4h,2h,f,hb,4b pencils

Here is a new portrait for my portfolio which I have been working on. This is Erin, born in China, and she is 6 years old.
Things have been busy lately, and it took me quite a while to get to this point. I was trying to time myself to see if I am getting a little faster in drawing portraits, but keep forgetting to stop or start the timer each drawing session. My guess is that it's been combined about 25 hours in so far. All the features and measurements have been worked out, so from here on out it should go a little faster. Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

The Notorious j.o.e. said...

I can tell it's going to be a beautiful rendering. I love the bright smile!

Blessings!!

Christine said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I hope things are going well for you these days.

Many blessings to you and yours!
Christine

Kelley said...

Looks great so far! All your work measuring out the features paid off. That's the most important part!

Christine said...

Thanks Kelley for looking and commenting! :-)

Jan said...

So glad to see you working again! I've missed the meticulous portraits you do and this one looks as good as all the rest!

Christine said...

Thanks Jan! I hope that this one will turn out wonderful, not only for my portfolio, but also to be able to give a copy to each family which allows me to draw their children for this project. This portrait series will be around long after I am gone, so I want to do my very best for the girls.

hmuxo said...

Erin looks good already Christine. Looking forward to the finished portrait!

Christine said...

I appreciate your comment, Hilda! The portrait has progressed a little more, and I will post an update soon. Thanks for watching! :-)
Christine

Carolina said...

Hi Christine!
Long time no see :)
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebration, and wish for you the best for the next year.
Keep up the wonderful graphite work!
Lots of hugs,
Carolina

Christine said...

Hi Carolina, it's nice to see you back. It's been a while. I have been taking a little break from drawing lately, but plan on getting back to it shortly.
Wishing you a wonderfully blessed and prosperous new year!

web statistics