March 12, 2011

Girl Head Study - Work In Progress

Update 3

Another quick update. I am still working on the skin, mouth, and neck to add value and depth. I am not so sure about how the hair turned out ; hair is an area where I still need lots of practice with. Now, looking at the digital version of this drawing, I do see some imperfections I hadn't noticed when the drawing was on the drawing board. The new technique I am learning here is called the 5-pencil method by Darrel Tank and it does look like I still need lots of practice in that too. 

7 comments:

Kristy said...

i don't know I think it looks great so far =]

Dors said...

Looks great to me Christine. I always see what needs tweaking when I post on my site.
I like the technique and will check out the site.

Christine said...

Thanks, Dors! You can sign up to receive free videos in your e-mail. ;-)

Jan said...

I've seen some of Darrel Tank's work and it's amazing. But, I've always felt that your work is also.

This is looking very good & I don't see anything wrong with the hair.

Christine said...

Thank you so much, Jan! I appreciate your positive feedback. :-)

Kelley said...

It's been a while since I last checked your blog, and wow! You have improved by leaps and bounds in such a short time. Keep up the great work!!

Christine said...

Kelley, thank you so much!! :-)

web statistics